Page 1 of 2 1 2
RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
This is one of the type of VSTi that are not totally supported by RB.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Any VSTi that requires timing lock does not work properly in RB or PT. I have used JS from the beginning and in PG product it will only work as a "dumb" drum machine and follow midi data. You can't use it as a intelligent drummer.

Hopefully PG will solve this mystery soon.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
Apprentice
Apprentice
I second that - hopefully soon. Jamstix is a great program, and similar to PG Music in that the owner provides excellent support for his product.

Terry

BIAB/RB 2018 PlusPak. Dell Inspiron23 running Win10, 12GB RAM, 2.5GHz i7, Presonus AudioBox USB interface.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Any VSTi that requires timing lock does not work properly in RB or PT. I have used JS from the beginning and in PG product it will only work as a "dumb" drum machine and follow midi data. You can't use it as a intelligent drummer.

Hopefully PG will solve this mystery soon.

I've finally become convinced it ain't happenin. I was the first to report this 3-4 years ago, went into great detail about it, went back and forth with support, posted Ralph's (Rayzoon) replies to my emails and Peter said a couple of times he was aware of the problem and was working on it. During one of the Beta's maybe two years ago Jeff also said he was working on it but not a peep since. I'm not dumping on them, they're wizards at fixing things like this. I think it simply can't be fixed in RB for whatever reason.
All you can do is use JS in another host to create your drum grooves and then import the drum track back into RB. I've been using Sonar Home Studio for that. Then, when you have the whole song done except for fine tuning the drums do a preliminary stereo mix with no drums and put that back into the other host and use JS to finalize the drum track. Now at least you have a choice as to which host to use for your final mix and master. Yes, clunky I know but whatever it takes to get the job done.
If you don't know already, Musicians Friend is selling the Tracktion 3 Ultimate Bundle for $19.95. Regular price is like $250. An absolute steal, Scott (rockstar_not) says Tracktion is a great program and works well with all these plugins. It just arrived by UPS and I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Thanks Everyone

I've been able to bring up Jamstix in Ableton lite and use Midi Clock to get them to somewhat sync. I'll have to play with buffer sizes, or get midi-ox in the loop to get the sync rock solid.

This is too bad, I also tried to pull in a synth into real band and have the arpegiator sync. I'll try the second daw trick with that also.

Thanks for the Traction bundle info. It looks like a cool daw.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
I'll just add that JS works sweet in Reaper! Nuff said.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I ...and similar to PG Music in that the owner provides excellent support for his product.

Terry

I once knew of a plugin that had a weird issue with PTW. I let PGMusic know about it, and then I let the developer know about it too. Pretty soon the two of them had found a solution. Maybe the plugin needs an easy update, and for PGMusic it would be a major endeavor. I do believe PGMusic would be willing to find a solution to plugins like Jamstix, and if the developer was interested too (lots of additional sales from users) it may be worth a shot.

It's a possible opportunity (for both sides)
Just an idea (I like proactive approaches)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
The developer has worked with several other programs like Sonar, Reaper, Multitrackstudios and found solutions. I hope that PG would be willing to work out the problem, but JS is not the only Plug that does not work well in PG stuff.

There were three threads back in 06 and 07 where the JS developer Ralph discussed this and PG was contacted by forum members, Jazzmammal was one i believe and while PG wanted to resolve it, they decided that it was for a later revision. If you have ever gone to JS website and watched the videos you will see just how powerful this program could be with RB, and PTPA. between the abilities of RDs and Jamstix track there is virtually no drum track that could not be made to sound very live and real. I know I and others have mentioned this many times here, but I really hope Peter and Jeff can maybe take a little time to contact Ralph and see if this can't be resolved. I think while it might drive some sales to JS, also the ability to use that program in PG product might make some over there think about adding BiaB and RB to the arsenal.

Last edited by Robh; 12/22/10 11:10 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
It isn't just Jamstix. As pointed out already, any VST or VSTi that uses tempo clock from the host simply doesn't work as far as I can tell with an older version of PTPA.

I like to use tempo-synced delay effects. The one I like to use in particular is a freebie called Bionic Delay. Instead of messing with calculating delays in mS, you just use the note value that makes sense - 1/8th, 1/16th, etc. If you change the tempo of the song just a bit, no big deal, the VST comes right along with.

That Tracktion deal also comes with a fairly complete install of Drumcore - which I'll be trying out probably first thing once I decide to install T3.

So, whatever it is in the coding of how PG products handle plugins with a midi tempo send, it just doesn't work. Jamstix is just one VSTi that needs that midi info to properly do it's 'Jamming'.

-Scott

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
The new JS 3 is absolutly incredible. It also works flawlessly in MTS and MC5 with is a cheap work around too a midi in MC5 and open JS and build a drum track. I do not use JS as much since i love some of the RD tracks, and think they are very good especially for live work. For recording original tunes, i use either RDs or JS tracks where i can output 8 drum tracks and mix them.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

The new JS 3 is absolutly incredible.

US$79 until end of year, but do I need to pay extra for a XL version? I could ask over in their forum, but I trust you guys and this is off topic - music related - and will be used with BIAB and RB in some form or another.

I'll duck now being a little sensitive to asking questions about other vendors product here!

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I own 2.5 so it is a $39 upgrade to 3 weeeeee

RealBand
W
Expert
Expert
W
A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.
Mighrt be a nice Christmas treat, thanks Wyndham

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
JS comes with typical kits, i doubt the irish Bodhran sound is there, there is the new Jamcussion addon, but still that would be a reach. The RDs are your best bet, or download some loops

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Wyndham,

Quote:

A quick off topic question on JS. I am looking to do backing track similar to Loreena Mc Kennett's Mummers Dance or one of the others that have a Irish Bodhran sound or other hand drum sound. Will JS work for this in the basic package or an add on, if anyone knows.

There are Bodhran Realdrums styles... included in RealTracks Set 104.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
W
Expert
Expert
W
Thanks,I'll dig into it tonight. Just received 2011 and sounds like a lot of great new RT's to play with as well. Wyndham

RealBand
R
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
R
Quote:

Hi Experts,

I've loaded Jamstix as a vst and RB for some reason constantly send the first measure with clock to the plugin.

It never stops even if RB is stopped. And it never sends any real measure info to Jamstix, when I hit play only the first measure is sent over and over.

Anybody get this working?

Demo of Jamstix here:
http://www.rayzoon.com/jamstix3_demo.html

thanks in advance for any pointers,

Does this work in 2012 with all the VSTi that has been done?

RealBand
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
No they have not addressed the VSTi issue as far as I know.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Nope. Rob and I are two California boys who stay on top of this issue. If there were any changes we would know about it. I stand by what I said last year. It seems like it just can't be done. Something in the core programming code I guess. It's too bad, it's the one thing holding RB back. That and automation.

Look at how responsive PG has been in this latest 2012 version. They added virtually everything that a lot of folks have been asking for since forever. Except the VST timing thing. I doubt they just forgot or thought it wasn't important, it simply can't be done imho.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,570
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199