Go To
User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Howdie all,

Might be crazy, but considering purchasing the Audiophile version
to use the WAV files to help produce some tunes to master-quality.
(For Film/TV pitches, etc.)

Has anyone done that successfully?? Would sure love to hear the BEST
that's been done using RT/RB.

Thanks for any links. OR any insights into your experiences attempting this.

All the best!

vcp

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm currently working on a CD for a customer, using BIAB to supplement their existing acoustic guitar tracks. I hope to post some clips soon.

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Audiophile files are good but working for film or TV need a "translation" to 48k.
I have made some professional work with Bandinabox but not all the instruments are so good
I found some problems in certain instruments like some of the basses.
But you can merge real instruments to the realtracks to get a better sound.

Sergino
Bandinabox 2024 standard (2020 Audiophile)
VST3 plugins on Studio One Pro 6.1
Windows 11(SSD) - AMD Radeon R9 5950X - 32GB RAM
MOTU: 2408 MkIII - 24i - Traveler - MIDI Express XT
User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks, Harvey! Look forward to hearing what you put together.

User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks for the tip, Sergino! I'm hoping to use some of the Real Tracks
as embellishment for live vocals/guitar/piano, but will have to see
what I can accomplish as I'm still waiting for delivery of my 2011 version.

And judging by the limited number of replies so far, I'm starting to think
this is going to involve a lot of experimenting ;-))

Are there any links to the songs you produced using Real Tracks?

vcp

User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Here is my latest song on myspace called Put God back in School. it is all real instruments.

My Music
Read My Blog

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi vcp,

You probably already done this but, in case you haven't ...

If you have a scroll through and listen to some of the songs in this User Showcase forum, you'll hear what Realtracks and Realdrums can sound like. As I understand it, most of the songs presented use the non-audiophile version of RTs and RDs. This should give you some idea of the potential of BIAB and RB.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
My experience thus far is that the audio file version isn't hands down needed to make quality, pro level tracks. I always work at 24/44 and I too was a bit leary of having WMA files as opposed to going with audiophile version. Happily, to my picky ears it's just not a problem. The biggest challenge with the 2010 version has been time stretching and pitch shifting in certain instances. It is this area that will give you more challenges from time to time than the audio quality of the original files. But the 2011 version has addressed this it seems, so even that won't hold you up any longer. As long as you can get clean, artifact free stretched and pitched tracks when you're working, there isn't a single thing bad about the audio quality of the ultra pack or less. Not to my ears. The files sound great by default and respond as expected to the mixing chores of eq, compression, etc- as well as applying plugins to them. And really, no one is gonna pick it out and say- nice track but it wasn't wav files! What they will pick up on is the quality of the song, arrangement, any artifacts you may have let get by from massaging the tracks, and the end product of your mix/master. All of that is in the operators hands to get right, except for the softwares ability to give you great results from stretching and pitching- no matter a WMA or wav file. As I said, the 2011 version is where you want to be. But really, 100% of the outcome is in your hands and the talent you bring to the table, no matter what the challenge or file rates you're working with. I've heard some great work done here and it wasn't the audiophile versions as far as I know. I have a couple of my own I could point you to, but PM me about it. I don't want to seem like I'm plugging my work.

I can't imagine a better tool than biab and real tracks and drums to have at your disposal. You do need some good editing skills and some inginuity at times. And some extra drum samples helps big time as well. All that combined goes a long way to people not saying it's a biab track. Certainly WAY more than the choice of the audiophile version. In your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate for a second picking up 2011 ultra pack. Good luck.

Dan

User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks for all the input, folks! Sorry for the delay replying -
my 2011 Ultra-Pak arrived Friday and have been a little overwhelmed
trying to work my way through it AND a new laptop with Windows 7 after
many, many years of XP.

Definitely hitting the wall at times (there is a LOT to process ;-)) but
hoping there'll be light at the end of the tunnel if I persist. (And now
that I finally got gd Norton Anitvirus turned off! It automatically
quarantined the BIAB files I tried to load.)

Please feel free to let me know any tricks you found to get up and running at a
practical level as quickly as possible, especially with Real Styles/Tracks/Band.

Thanks!

And Happy New Year's!

User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V

As promised above, Harvey posted his professional cuts using BIAB for everyone
to hear. Thanks, Harvey! Great job!

If you haven't already, you can listen to Harvey's tunes and read the comments here:
Harvey's Post

(Just finished my own first attempt with BIAB. I'll try to post it separately,
but in case I screw up, it's here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=630619&songID=10076716 )

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

And now
that I finally got gd Norton Anitvirus turned off! It automatically
quarantined the BIAB files I tried to load.

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself. Macffee too- terrible. The only one I've used that actually doesn't break your chops on a constant basis is AVG. Look it up. That and Malwarebytes combined has given me the best, unobtrusive protection I ever had. Up to you though. Good luck.

Dan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself.

Ditto!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Quote:

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself.

Ditto!

A BIG+1

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
V
vcp Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Agree 100% guys re: NortonAntiVirus. (The only reason I didn't do a complete uninstall is because the laptop is still under 30-day return period and may be going back.)

In fact, NAV created such a hassle when I first installed BIAB that I think this anti-virus-software aspect warrants a post in General Discussion to warn other newbies like me. And to see which software seems ok. (e.g. I use Avast and it has been quite painless.)

Cheers!

Van

PS Started a thread in Tips & Tricks.

Last edited by vcp; 01/17/11 12:17 PM.
User Showcase
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Happy Avast user here as well. Never had a hassle with it.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm also pretty happy with Avast!, although it tends to suck up resources after logon. On my very slow and ancient laptop it's especially noticeable when it phones home.

It's the correct thing for an antivirus program to do, but it adds a noticeable of delay to an already slow machine.

Plus, the price is great.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Remove Norton +1

Use Avast or AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials, +1

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195