Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Janice & Bud #426357 08/16/17 05:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B, I don't think you can get it sounding any better than that! The editing is amazing and the mix is even and clear as a bell. It's great that you can share one of your other passions with us via the video. I could almost hear those shifters going click,click,click. A wonderful contribution to the forum, Tom

Janice & Bud #426358 08/16/17 06:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This sounds so authentic, but really! It also sounds like a real bluegrass band. This is top-notch work with BIAB.
It's also great to see you guys involved in such a great and healthy hobby too ;-)

Rob

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Biglad #426366 08/16/17 07:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Biglad
WOW WOW WOW Bloody brilliant ,got that ricky skaggs Opry feel .THANK YOU so much for this its way beyond the call of duty
Cheers Brsd

Thanks! We've listened to Ricky since the 70's. He helped keep BG alive through some hard times. Great guy.

J&B

Robertkc #426433 08/17/17 02:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Bud,
This rips by like the title says and sounds great to me.
Love the muddied gnarly pics and mountain scenery... there`s no extra padding here on music or riders!

Robert

Thanks Robert. Love your description!

J&B

Samuel Davis #426714 08/19/17 02:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music

Hey Janice & Bud! Great take on this! Really fond of the mastering job too. Well done! smile

Thanks Joe. I appreciate you mentioning the mastering also.

Bud

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Wow! Great job. Sounds very natural and fluid. I love the stops under the fiddle solo.

Thanks. Natural and fluid was we had hoped for.

Bud

Janice & Bud #426723 08/19/17 04:50 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Guys!

I was gonna drop in for a listen last night, well - early this morning a 2:00 but my Internet was out just got it back half an hour ago. Si I'm here as Di is in bed resting, trying to recuperate from too much time at the hospital and doctor's office yesterday.

This is cool ... and a little bit more! I know it;'s been said several times before but this really does sound like the real thing. It was like standing on the ground, watching a damned good BG band on stage at the county fair. The attention to detail shouts out in this arrangement and mix.

You were true to the craft6 and the genre. Without knowing otherwise, it would be nearly impossible to think this was all done electronically. As you know, I think, I write novels. As such, I turn reality into fiction. You turn fiction (sorta) into reality.

You guys deserve so much credit for this marvelous offering. And on top of that, I'll give a shoutout to Dr. Gammons and the fine folks at PG music. Ther made a marvelous tool for us. But that tool, like that of a master mechanic's, is only as good as the craftsman.

You guys are at the pinnacle of your craft. There are folks who aspire to meet the highest standard. And there are those very few capable of setting the standard. I think you know which group you are in, even if you won't say so yourself.

Thanks for the smile on my ears!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Janice & Bud #426735 08/19/17 07:56 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I just love it! The video and music are so lively and full of energy!

Wow, what fun you must have had! Beautiful!

Janice & Bud #426739 08/19/17 09:43 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, guys !:))

That was quite a tornado
to me !!!!! Wow!!!!!
I´m no expert on bluegrass
but there´s nuthin´beatin´
that speed of pickin´!!!!
Love it !

Cheers
Dani

Janice & Bud #426776 08/19/17 02:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
VERY authentic-sounding bluegrass tune, so hats off for that! But you may have undermined the song a little for this audience because if anyone else here is like me, they spent the first two or three listens basically looking at the pictures!

At the 1:12 marker, I'd kind of like to know the relative ages of the people on the podium... looks like y'all are whuppin' @$$ on the young 'uns!

I basically know you through your music, but I know enough about each of you to realize that you both run far deeper that what we know from this forum. Thanks for helping us to know you a little better through this music video!

Janice & Bud #426909 08/20/17 06:59 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hello, Janice & Bud

The feeling of rapidly running is amazing!
Both in the sounds and Video.
Great fun!
The choices of each solo instrument are very splendid.
I feel your accurate intention there and it is succeeded really well.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Scott C #426933 08/21/17 02:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice & Bud

I got sore leg muscles just from watching! The song sounds joyous and wonderfully compliments the video.
Cleverly done and a great sounding production. I'll defer to you on the bluegrass authenticity and the G run' and just say it sounds perfect to me.

Peter

Thanks Peter. The Lester Flatt G Run is heard in virtually every BG tune recorded since he started it in the 40's. It's called that the irrespective of key. Capos are essential to the sound. smile Hope your legs are better!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool tune to go along with a very cool video. When we chatted in the summer you mentioned you liked to mountain bike. I thought nice relaxing cruise down a green space bike path. Wowser that was all out in the dirt racing. Very cool and kudos to you and Janet for being so passionate about cycling. I was tired and sore after watching the video :-)

Thanks Scott. We've about retired from racing but a local mountain bike series created a Ultra Grandmasters 70+ class this year where Bud wouldn't have the age excuse not to join in. smile

J&B

tommyad #427183 08/22/17 03:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: lambada
Wow. Great fun, great production and very skillful use of BIAB.

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey this sounds great to me Bud!

Thanks David!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow, what a tune guys! I love the way this one flows - it's hard not to move to it smile The guitar/banjo work on this is superb! Very fine job here.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thank you Deryk. Glad you liked the flow...that's, to us, what music and mountain biking are all about.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Andyman
Really enjoyed Tornado. A real upbeat fun track and it certainly lives up to the name.
The attention to detail and production is excellent throughout.
I'm amazed that an authentic-sounding recording such as this can be put together using BIAB.
Nice video too ! Very well done.

Thanks a bunch. Yep, BiaB is a heckuva product.

J&B

Janice & Bud #427184 08/22/17 03:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
J&B, I don't think you can get it sounding any better than that! The editing is amazing and the mix is even and clear as a bell. It's great that you can share one of your other passions with us via the video. I could almost hear those shifters going click,click,click. A wonderful contribution to the forum, Tom

HaHaHa...sometimes we hear those clicks in out dreams!

Thanks for the listen and getting a good mix report from you means a LOT given your consistent high bar productions. Productions that we greatly admire.

We are appreciative.

J&B

Janice & Bud #427664 08/26/17 07:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It just doesn't get better than this.

Best BIAB bluegrass ever.

Great tools in the right hands - Masterful.

Al-David #427677 08/26/17 08:16 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
This sounds so authentic, but really! It also sounds like a real bluegrass band. This is top-notch work with BIAB.
It's also great to see you guys involved in such a great and healthy hobby too ;-)

Rob

Thanks guys...we do our best to have fun!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Guys!

I was gonna drop in for a listen last night, well - early this morning a 2:00 but my Internet was out just got it back half an hour ago. Si I'm here as Di is in bed resting, trying to recuperate from too much time at the hospital and doctor's office yesterday.

This is cool ... and a little bit more! I know it;'s been said several times before but this really does sound like the real thing. It was like standing on the ground, watching a damned good BG band on stage at the county fair. The attention to detail shouts out in this arrangement and mix.

You were true to the craft6 and the genre. Without knowing otherwise, it would be nearly impossible to think this was all done electronically. As you know, I think, I write novels. As such, I turn reality into fiction. You turn fiction (sorta) into reality.

You guys deserve so much credit for this marvelous offering. And on top of that, I'll give a shoutout to Dr. Gammons and the fine folks at PG music. Ther made a marvelous tool for us. But that tool, like that of a master mechanic's, is only as good as the craftsman.

You guys are at the pinnacle of your craft. There are folks who aspire to meet the highest standard. And there are those very few capable of setting the standard. I think you know which group you are in, even if you won't say so yourself.

Thanks for the smile on my ears!

Alan

Al, that is most kind. We love your fiction to reality analogy. And ditto to the PG Music shoutout....a marvelous tool indeed. One that more folks should be exploiting.

Thanks again for the wonderful comments. We are very appreciative.

J&B

Pat Marr #427680 08/26/17 08:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
I just love it! The video and music are so lively and full of energy!

Wow, what fun you must have had! Beautiful!

Thanks and, hey, we are still having that fun!

J&B

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, guys !:))

That was quite a tornado
to me !!!!! Wow!!!!!
I´m no expert on bluegrass
but there´s nuthin´beatin´
that speed of pickin´!!!!
Love it !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. We had the privilege of playing with folks who could've made these RT's.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
VERY authentic-sounding bluegrass tune, so hats off for that! But you may have undermined the song a little for this audience because if anyone else here is like me, they spent the first two or three listens basically looking at the pictures!

At the 1:12 marker, I'd kind of like to know the relative ages of the people on the podium... looks like y'all are whuppin' @$$ on the young 'uns!

I basically know you through your music, but I know enough about each of you to realize that you both run far deeper that what we know from this forum. Thanks for helping us to know you a little better through this music video!

Thanks Pat and glad you like the photos. The photo of me was about my biggest moment in racing. It was a nationally sanctioned race and I won...but it was a 60+ class. Now Janice is the amazing one. She's third on the podium but she had to race in a 19+ class as the promoters only had two classes for women. Both the other's could have been her daughters and then some. She ended up winning the state champion one year in that same age group (at age 53). Thanks for listening/watching and, as always, for making such thoughtful comments.

J&B

floyd jane #427681 08/26/17 08:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Janice & Bud

The feeling of rapidly running is amazing!
Both in the sounds and Video.
Great fun!
The choices of each solo instrument are very splendid.
I feel your accurate intention there and it is succeeded really well.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki. That is exactly how we wanted listeners to feel.
We appreciate it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
It just doesn't get better than this.

Best BIAB bluegrass ever.

Great tools in the right hands - Masterful.

Thanks mr jane and thanks for the title!

J&B

Janice & Bud #428301 08/31/17 07:26 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Fun to listen, and FUN to watch!! What a cool video!! You guys are impressive riders! Thanks for sharing! Take care. Greg

Janice & Bud #432230 10/03/17 06:38 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Bud,

This is outstanding and then some! I'm sitting here right now tapping my feet, nodding my head, tapping my fingers... you name it, if it's tappable it's up and running!

floyd said "Best BIAB bluegrass ever." I'd like to endorse that comment.

You've done an incredible job with the RT surgery and production. To my ears, everything flowed seamlessly and flawlessly.

I really enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,561
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200