Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just a heads up and NO THIS NOT a complaint about PreSonus and they aren’t trying to scam you. I think they think they are offering you a convenience by trying to keep you in the “PreSonus family” (via plugin Presence XT) but you should understand “value” read on.

If you are new to PreSonus because you jumped on the Sonar to Studio One 3 Pro “cheap” deal (I did “just because” I already had Notion 6 anyway) and especially if you ARE NOT familiar with SampleTekk, and you got an email offer from PreSonus offering a “sale” of 30% off SOME SampleTekk pianos (for PreSouns’s Presence XT) please know:

Sampletekk, a few times a YEAR offers their pianos for Kontakt and Halion on EXS24 on sale at half or 60% off or…., and as a matter of fact the White Grand that PreSonus is selling at 30% off for a total of $79! It is the same White Grand offered in Kontakt (halion & exs24) format at Smapletekk for NORMAL $79 and it's not even the MK II white Grand.

You might want to get on Sampletekk’s mailing list

http://www.sampletekk.com/grand-pianos

I have a LOT of Sampletekk pianos they are good and I LOVE the Rain piano. I even have one or two in soundfont format for use on old XP 4GB laptop for a good piano –less stress and resources on that system.

again just INFO that's all

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
So, I just jumped on the Studio One Pro offer ($149); I guess I'm a sucker for DAW punishment. They accepted my Sonar license and provided me the details for getting the special price. I already own Notion 6, so I'll be interested in the interaction between the two. So I guess I'll spend this weekend downloading the 30GB of content they ship you (at least that's less than the 70GB of content from Samplitude). And from there, I guess I'll be spending the first part of the new year deciding the best way to go for the future.

Don't get me wrong. I really like RealBand and am very comfortable with it and find I can do an awful lot; however, programs like Sonar, Samplitude, Studio One, Reaper, etc provide a whole 'nother level of feature capabilities. I suspect my workflow will continue to be BIAB --> RealBand (since it can also work with BIAB content) --> whatever my new choice of DAW is.

As they say, it's all about options.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Yea in last year, since I divorced from Sonar, I've acquired a few additional DAW's, that I didn't already have, and with each one its manufacturers related "detritus" so we all have a a LOT of new plugins now and if like me never use most if any

-FL-12 (no notation really - great piano roll however also just feels smooth and fast)

-Studio One Pro 3 (like you I had Notion 6 that was a another DEAL forget what I think it was because I had Finale?? don't remember). But again if you have Kontakt and and want to use SampleTekk pianos buy direct from Sampletekk (cheaper, just not as "integrated" - since you need to call up Kontakt or Halion and need to call it up)

-finally, Samplitude X3 Pro (it has its own MIDI to notation and back)

I still find myself running to Mixcraft when in a hurry, hmmm....

Larry

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yep, I'm going to have to settle down and decide on something, as it doesn't make sense to learn so many or have projects scattered around in a bunch of different DAW's.

• PGMusic BIAB/RealBand 2018 (but started back with version 8 around 20 years ago)
  • PGMusic PowerTracks Pro Audio 2017 (but started with version 5 around 20 years ago - this was my very first DAW and it got me hooked right away as to recording multitrack audio and MIDI)
  • Mixcraft Pro 8 (I think I started back with version 5)
  • MultiTrack Studio Pro Plus 8 (I've been through several versions of this as well)
  • n-Track Studio 8 (started with v5 or 6)
  • Reaper (no brainer for the price)
  • Ableton Live Live 8.4.2 (very old version, but came free with an audio interface)
  • Wavosaur (free)
  • Anvil Studio Works! (bought like 15+ years ago, but never use)
  • Tracktion 7 (tempted to go to Waveform, but haven't pulled that trigger yet)
  • Cubase Artist 7 (they're up to version 9.5, but haven't upgraded as I don't use it)
  • Cakewalk Music Creator 7 (started several years ago with version 5)
  • Cakewalk Sonar Platinum (lifetime license that just died - didn't realize it meant its lifetime)
  • MAGIX Samplitude Pro Studio 2013 (not the actual full professional Samplitude, but a scaled back version that actually looks and works a lot like MixCraft - nothing like naming confusion, eh? This is where I was first introduced to the 12GB Independence Library download, so I had some previous experience there)
  • MAGIX Music Maker (came with the Samplitude bundle)
  • Presonus Studio One Prime (Free, because well free)
  • Presonus Studio One v3 (not free, just got authorization for crossgrade and will get after work tonight)
  • Darkwave Studio 5.5 (Free)
  • LMMS (Free)

And for general audio wave form editing, I have:

• Wavosaur Audio Editor (Free)
  • Diamond Cut Audio Restoration (versions 8 and 10 - I beta test for them, so I get it for free; I've been a customer for close to 20 years and like here at PGMusic, often interact directly with the two owners of the company)
  • Diamond Cut Audio Forensics (versions 8 and 10 - again, I beta test for them and end up getting the $1,300 piece of software for free - it's the Audio Restoration version on steroids and is generally purchased by law enforcement agencies to forensically process audio in support of criminal cases - for example, it can remove extraneous noise to where you can pull out a whisper)
  • Super MP3 Recorder (no longer available, but I've had this for many, many years, as it was one of the early programs that let you capture in real time anything your computer could play, even if the computer tried to block it; if you could hear it on the computer, you could record it)
  • Audacity (because, well free)
  • Soundforge (came with the Samplitude Bundle)

And of course for notation:

• Noteworthy Composer
  • Sibelius 7 (started with 6 as a Crossgrade price from Finale, but stopped upgrading when they went subscription and Avid fired the Sibelius team)
  • Finale Songwriter 2012 (their low-end notation program)
  • Finale Print Music 2014 (their mid-range notation program - I use it on my third computer, since Finale only allows two authorizations, so this gives me some cross-computer compatibility)
  • Finale 25 (the 64-bit version, started as an educational license many years ago and have upgraded each new version)
  • MuseScore (open source notation, at my favorite price - free, and it reads BIAB files)
  • Notation Composer (not free, but have used for many years as it does a decent job of importing MIDI files to create notation)
  • Forte Home v9 (started with Forte BASIC v8, but got an attractive upgrade offer to the Home version; I'll have to work with it more before deciding whether I want to go to the Pro version)
  • Harmony Assistant from Myriad Software (I purchased this years ago, mainly because it was one of the early software offerings that provided a SynSinger like capability; never really used it and the capability didn't work that well, but was very intriguing at the time)

Maybe I need help?!? smile

For the most part, I use RealBand (occasionally PowerTracks, but they are so similar), Cakewalk Sonar, and MultiTrack Studio as a DAW. I generally use Diamond Cut Audio Restoration v8 for waveform editing. And for Notation, I mainly use Noteworthy Composer, Notion, or Finale.

John

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, John. Sounds like you need some serious therapy. You can offload some of that to me as a start..... smile

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
And of course my 1.5 TB D: drive is just about to get completely full with all the sound libraries I've got stored there (that's all that's on that drive). It does add up fast.

John

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I know what you mean there. Just got a new 2 TB external backup recently since the 1 TB one was full. Of course I also have a new PG drive coming for BIAB 2018 so I can remove some of the BIAB backups from the externals.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
John

Your list and mine look very similar (I collect junk too "just because" - "look a squirrel" -LOL) but I run with six internal 2TB drives and I am just about to change at least one of my internal drives (E) to a 4TB (watching Amazon and Newegg as we speak).

I might also go ahead and upgrade my "music" drive (D) to a 4TB as well but since I'm building a new PC mid- next year I'm trying to hold off spending more for HW now on this PC. No, I don't want to put used HW in NEW build - I don't care if it is only 6 months "used."

==========

I use to have (before this current build) four external USB drives (2-2tbs, a 3tb and a 4tb) but they could be a PITA even when drive letters were "fixed" in stone - (via Computer Management- Disk Management). Letters can change after SW/HW installs, OS updates. Plus I found that more than one or two USB drives plugged in and on can slow down boots and re-boots or other things. So I now keep all USB drives OFF-LINE. And only plug them in when needed to make redundant "safety" copies, weekly image backups (I keep a once-a-month IMAGE of my three boot drives on an internal drive for FASTER recovery if needed. Its current Acronis compressed size is ~1.5TB so even the internal 2TB drive it goes to that drive is getting a little too small.

Time to start planning for a large NAS for next PC.
Larry

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I've thought about larger internal drives, but each new large drive means two drives for backup purposes. And of course my aging laptop is limited by the drive form factor (the larger 2 1/2" drives sit too tall to fit in the laptop).

Maybe one day when I win the lottery...of course, I would actually have to play the lottery for that plan to work (I don't). LOL

John

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
And to think about 28 years ago whilst working at a Uni we installed a really huge 10 meg hard drive and that would hold all the info we would ever likely want to store.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,500
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195