Print Thread
Go To
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
I think Band in a Box is somehow messing with my Mac. My Mac has had some issues where the cusor will start to take over on it's own. The cursor will just randomly mve up on it's own, jitter and will become enlarged and then shrink back to its normal size. Band in a Box will also sometimes activate the function buttons on my Mac for no reason. These issues really make it hard for me to mouse to do things like click on bars in BIAB, navigate the forum and do other basic taskes. What should I do to fix the issues?

Computer: Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021
DAWs: Pro Tools, Logic, and Maschine
plays drums, percussion, bass, steel pan, keyboard,
music producer/engineer
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Islansoul
I think Band in a Box is somehow messing with my Mac. My Mac has had some issues where the cusor will start to take over on it's own. The cursor will just randomly mve up on it's own, jitter and will become enlarged and then shrink back to its normal size. Band in a Box will also sometimes activate the function buttons on my Mac for no reason. These issues really make it hard for me to mouse to do things like click on bars in BIAB, navigate the forum and do other basic taskes. What should I do to fix the issues?

I know nothing about Mac's but from my perspective....I really don't think that BIAB (just being software) is the cause of your problem.

How old is your Mac/hardware?
Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
Is there a poor connection with your mouse?
Could this be a graphics setting or driver issue that BIAB may not be compatible with?
Is there a hardware driver that needs updating?

I'm just shooting from the hip here but I'd eliminate the above comments first.
I'm little help but you did get a bump.

I'll be curious as to how this gets resolved....I might learn something too.

Back to it....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 05/28/18 05:44 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
That's exactly how your Mac would react if you are inadvertently hosting a hacker invasion.

I would run a boot-time virus scan for malicious software. It certainly doesn't cost anything. There are many free malware scanners but I am on a Windows system.

Please post back with the fix you find.

K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Islansoul,

If you're using a wireless keyboard and mouse, then I'd say low batteries, as chulaivet1966 mentioned, would be my top suspect, or possibly interference from other devices. If replacing batteries doesn't help, I'd try switching to a wired keyboard and mouse temporarily as a test.

Just in case we're missing some crucial detail, what exactly indicated that Band-in-a-Box was the culprit?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966

I know nothing about Mac's but from my perspective....I really don't think that BIAB (just being software) is the cause of your problem.

How old is your Mac/hardware?
Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
Could this be a graphics setting or driver issue that BIAB may not be compatible with?

I'm just shooting from the hip here but I'd eliminate the above comments first.
I'm little help but you did get a bump.

I'll be curious as to how this gets resolved....I might learn something too.

Back to it....

1.How old is your Mac/hardware?
My Macbook Pro is a 15 inch mid 2014

2.Are you using a wireless mouse (serial or USB) that may need battery replacement?
No, I'm am using an Amazon basic wired mouse

No, I am using a wired mouse

I don't think so since I use the audiophile version

Maybe.

music producer/engineer
Expert
Expert
[quote=chulaivet1966][quote=Islansoul]
Is there a poor connection with your mouse? No, I am using a wired mouse
[b]You might try a different mouse....borrow one and try it just as an elimination thought?

I don't think so since I use the audiophile version
What I meant was are your graphics card software set correctly (?) which is not relative to what BIAB version you have.

Maybe.
Maybe the Apple graphics driver needs updating?

Obviously, I'm just shooting from the hip here and some of my suggestions may not even involve the Mac system or OS.
Is your hard drive getting to full creating some flakiness?

If I come up with anything else I'll chime in.

Carry on....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 06/04/18 09:52 AM.
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Islansoul,

I'm still wondering what exactly indicates that Band-in-a-Box is causing these issues. I'm not sure that it is, but whatever is indicating to you that this is the case seems like something we'll need to know about to figure this out.

Can you please explain what the connection is, in as much detail as possible? Do these problems only occur when BIAB is running?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
Hi Islansoul,

I'm still wondering what exactly indicates that Band-in-a-Box is causing these issues. I'm not sure that it is, but whatever is indicating to you that this is the case seems like something we'll need to know about to figure this out.

Can you please explain what the connection is, in as much detail as possible? Do these problems only occur when BIAB is running?

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Hello Kent. I do not understand what you mean by connection. My BIAB hard drive is connected to a four USB adapter. Yes, these problems seem to only occur when I have BIAB running even without doing anything inside BIAB. However, if I quite BIAB and leave it hooked up to my computer, the issues seem to go away. My cursor will stop moving or jittering on it's own, the cursor does not randomly enlage itself. Can I call you and talk about it. I can't really describe it on the forum.

Last edited by Islansoul; 06/06/18 02:15 AM.

music producer/engineer
K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Islansoul,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was asking for. Are the mouse and keyboard also connected through that same USB hub?

If so, please try plugging the hard drive directly into the computer, bypassing the hub, and see if the problem still occurs.

You're welcome to call if you like, the tech support number is 1-866-983-2474.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Expert
Expert
If so, please try plugging the hard drive directly into the computer, bypassing the hub, and see if the problem still occurs.
You're welcome to call if you like, the tech support number is 1-866-983-2474.

That's what I was going to say also.

IE: I've used various USB hubs and sometimes one of ports acts flakey or unresponsive.
I've also noticed a color difference on one of the ports itself....one being BLUE on my wife's USB hub and the scanner would not work.
I plugged into a different port on the same USB hub and the scanner works properly.
I have no clue of any technical info.

Carry on....

K
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
K
Hi Chulaivet1966,

A blue USB port indicates that it's USB 3. I can't imagine why the scanner didn't like it though, USUB 1 and 2 devices are supposed to work with USB 3 ports.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Expert
Expert
Hi Chulaivet1966,A blue USB port indicates that it's USB 3. I can't imagine why the scanner didn't like it though, USUB 1 and 2 devices are supposed to work with USB 3 ports. Cheers Kent PG Music

Hey Kent....I remember you....you're that chat help guy! grin

Yep....I almost mentioned that the 'blue' may have been USB compatibility protocol but I would only be guessing.

Hope all is well....carry on.

I
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I
I figure out that may actually be the trackpad messing with my wired mouse.

music producer/engineer
Veteran
Veteran
Islansoul,

Thanks for updating the thread with a possible solution.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,476
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195