Remember this post?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=449070#Post449446

Where HearToLearn began it with...

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I'm curious if this has ever been suggested here. Has there ever been an attempt to supply lyrics for a song and have forum members work up their own versions of that song?

To clarify, this would not be a "cover" version of a song. It would be original lyrics to a song that has never had music put to it. From there, we would each take the lyrics and make our personal version of it for all to hear.

It might be fun, if enough people would be up for it. Actually, I think it could be really educational too.

Any thoughts?

A little later in the thread, Joanne Cooper posted some lyrics that caught the imagination of many. As a result, a heap of excellent songs were written.

Somewhere in that post, I promised Joanne that I'd write some lyrics, too, for people to play around with.

Here are those lyrics if anyone is interested in using them to create a song. I don't think these words are as versatile as Joanne's, so I doubt that they'll open quite as many doors of musical possibility as hers did. Hopefully, though, they'll do the job for something.

Please feel free to change anything that you want in any way that you see fit.

(I hope PG Music don't mind but I've posted this in the 'Songwriting' and 'Off Topic' forums.)

=================================

DECIDUOUS LOVE

[Verse]
Lost and lonely autumn leaves
My only friends tonight
We're tumbling headlong down a road going nowhere
Forgetting once we had a happy life

[Pre-chorus]
All alone, where cold winds blow
Don't we deserve a home?

[Chorus]
Deciduous love