Great song.

One version is rockin, the other is easy listening with harmonies. I like the second take on this one and it's interesting why, for me. Simply put, the mastering, or lack thereof. The original version is so loud and blaring that it completely hides the good song that this is. The lyrics and melody are in there but they are overpowered by arrangement and crushingly loud mastering, to which I assume is a home grown attempt with something like T-Racks. And what happens? A very good song is hidden under it all. Food for thought- always service the SONG- not the music. It's not that Stay a while is easy listening or whether or not I prefer that. It's just that with more sensibilities for the song when the arrangement and vocals were put together, the song rose to the top. If you re-mastered the original version and perhaps mixed it a little different for starters, that version could be a great one too. I don't mean to offend with my comments. Bottom line, the song is excellent and a perfectly viable commercial hit- tell you the truth, whether you intended to create one or not. I'd only suggest that when assembling a track, keep your ears on the big picture.

A+. Fantastic work.

Dan