Hi Bomberomusician,

Your video was a great tool. It was very clear to see what you and BIAB were doing. Thank you so much for taking the time to assemble this.

I hear bar 1 starting at around 1:3 (onscreen time) but I'm not sure that I'm correct. Try clearing your present bar 1 and resetting bar 1 to 1:3 there and see what happens. Then, as the song plays, periodically tab F8 to line-up the beat 1s of each bar.

When I use the ACW, I always have my left hand tapping out each beat on the left leg. In this case it was tapping the bass line. Then at the beginning of each bar (beat 1) I tap F8 with my right hand to set the bars. I usually do this for the first 3 or 4 bars and then once about every 5 or so bars.

Because of the nature and tempo of this music, I found it quite difficult to hear the 4 beats clearly. It also seems to have confused the ACW because I note that the ACW has interpreted the song as having a tempo of 132 when it seems more like 210'ish to me (I suspect that this is also part of the problem).

It might be worth setting Bar 1 to 1:3 and the tempo to 210 and see if that helps with the chords.

Can I suggest that before you try using ACW with this particular song, see if you can get hold of something slower that has more clearly defined beats (say, "Paper Moon", "Moon River", "Amazing Grace", "In The Mood") and use this to practice ACW techniques. You'll only need to spend 10 mins on a simple song to fully get the hang of how ACW works.

Also, don't worry if you set bar 1 later in the music. ACW only needs a reference point to isolate the correct beats. With this in mind, it might be worth setting Bar 1 (beat 1) a little further into the music (say, what's presently around bar 4 or 5).

When I return to BIAB, I simply choose "Exit" and then "Close" on the dialogue box that pops up. I don't initially "Kill" the audio because I like to keep it on hand in case I need to go back into ACW. I do mute the audio, though, so that it doesn't interfere with the BIAB accompaniment I select. I also don't worry about setting the key or the tempo of the transferred chords because I can do these directly in BIAB.

Regarding the tempo map, this is the tempo alignment that was set using F8. Since I am only ever interested in chord progressions, I never worry about sending this map to BIAB. I like to keep things as simple as possible.

If you have a look at the style indicator window, you'll see that there is a black cross present. This indicates that the style is not active. To enable a style, click on the style window and choose "enable style".

Hope this helps!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024