Hi Mac

thanks for you helpful and detailed advice.

I agrre that studying the BIAB demo songs is useful - and I like the idea of leaving the demos running in the background and then picking up on anything interesting.

BUT I'm still left with the query - where did the songs in the list come from? They arent mine, cos I dont have any yet - though I take the point that when I do create songs, and store these in a separate folder, it will make a list of these too. I think I have the answer.
I created the song list in the folder BB\Realtracks demos and its simply a list of the RT demo songs - and when it creates the list it isnt creating the songs -its just making a list of the existing demo songs.
And the point I was trying to make is that if I go to the Style Picker (and I can quite see the difference betwwen a song and a style) if I pick a style - it offers the option to load a demo song - and these demo songs are the same songs as in the song list I created in the demo folder Yes?

So for eg if I go to the style picker and load the first of the blues styles, ie _BBBLUES.STY. and then load the demo song offered, I get the song Slow Even 8ths Blues (85 RS). And very nice is it too.
If I start over, and go to the song picker, and filter by style _BBBLues, I get the same song, and only that song, offered in the song list, and when I load it, is has the same chords etc ie it is the same song. QED?