(XP Pro , M-Audio Delta 2496 card)

Previously everything ran fine and stable with BIAB 2009 and sound canvas installed.

Upgraded to 2011 using Everythingpak's "install everything onto my main HDD" option.

Now BIAB startup immediately produces an eror message: "Can't find sound font file GM.DLS". If I click OK through this error, and load any song, more errors then freeze. Basically BIAB simply does not work. Bad news since my normal activity relies on this app every day.

Indeed, there is no GM.DLS in my C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, where I understand it is supposed to be, or anywhere else for that matter. A Windows Registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectMusic" which is supposed to point to GM.DLS is also empty.

I have no idea whether the file was in there before this upgrade, but the bottom line is, everything worked fine before, and after what should have been a standard 2-3 click upgrade process, everything is now broken .

Tried running the separate install exe for the Roland synths, (tried both the dxi and the vst) but this did not solve the problem.

Googling has turned up nothing really useful and an email to PGMusic support has not been responded to.

I could probably find the standard M$ GM.DLS from my old XP install disk and copy this into the driver folder, but I believe it is supposed to be replaced with the superior sound fonts which come with the Roland synths. No sign of anything named GM.DLS on the BIAB install HDD either.

Not sure what to do. Can anyone here offer guidance?

TIA

Last edited by PeterGannon; 12/22/12 12:05 PM.