You're right, Josie; this topic is something musicians need to revisit regularly, since so much changes quickly. Even the Facebook settings I am comfortable with can get 'flipped' somehow and periodically without warning, the site cannot be trusted. That was nicely discussed here.

My various music sites are probably not typical because I was a comp. sci. prof and always do all my own programming, if it's allowed. Before Facebook, I had a really nice MySpace page that was highly customized (and not by one of their ugly templates, either). At the end of 2010, MySpace "standardized" the look of their pages, overwriting and destroying much of my work. Thanks for that. So, I modified it to be minimal and left it, probably never to return. I rarely go to MySpace anymore, even though MySpace always was better for musicians and audio file promos than Facebook. Facebook by comparison is extremely limited in what you can customize.

No matter what the site - MySpace, Facebook, SonicBids, SoundClick, LinkedIn, YouTube, AFM Go Pro, NuMuBu, Reverbnation, etc. etc. - my goal is to have a minimal presence and steer traffic to my own website, which I can control.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors