Hi Marc

I really like the intimacy of this one - the 17th century drawing room feel, time ticking on continuously while he thinks about her. Good production suggestions from everyone. As for the instrumental version, in the vinyl days it was said if you wanted to have it the song would be an album cut with the instrumental in tact.

I think I would cut it down though, but differently than say John. When you come out of the verse before the instrumental with that long violin note under "brightest light in town" - for two bars then let your bridge be just two bars of the pizzicato bridge thing, then into your reprise verse.

I really don't think you need an instrumental of the verse, but I think you do need the short pizz bridge before the reprise verse - IMHO - but it is all subjective. The song is such a comfortable space to be in - another time, another place, floating with your thoughts - it's difficult to cut anything.

One thing - with my hearing - if I can notice reverb, perhaps it should be a touch drier.

Just sayin' - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.