Hi, Steve.

I had another listen - the vocals sounds less processed than before. Again, I'd like to complement you on how you create variety in your mixes - there's always something interesting happening, and there's always space to hear it in the mix.

In terms of the vocals, this is what I think I had been hearing: a combination of compression, pitch correction, and reverb. On the plus side, the vocals are always clear and understandable, up front, and in tune. And the overall sound really is nice. I'm just noting the level of gloss, and that's purely subjective.

Anyway, you've turned the dial down, so it sounds much more natural.

Since I'm being persnickety... There are some little clicks I hear on the vocals. For example, "In the middle of the night" has a bit of a click in it. It happens in some other places as well. I suspect it's from editing your vocals together, and not part of the original vocals. I don't know what you use as an editor, but Reaper has an auto-crossfade feature that helps minimize it - you probably have something similar in whatever you're using.

It's not a big deal - my 15 year only could only hear it after multiple listens (but my 8 year old claims she heard it right away - but I think she's just trying to one-up her older brother! ). Again, not a big deal, but I know you're a perfectionist, because you're work really shows it.

Edit: I think it is where the click on "night" is, for example:

But as I said, that's just being persnickety.

Again - nice work!

Last edited by dcuny; 05/28/11 05:20 PM.