When I was in my 20s I had a good friend who was French but was brought up in England, so he had a British accent. I was married to my first wife and she had a daughter around 8 years old.
One night my friend came over to visit, we played the guitar, ate dinner and he slept over.
My step daughter really like my friend and came and sat on his lap. He started to speak French to her and he wouldn't stop. She started screaming STOP..... and ran into her room and slammed the door. She was horrified. It was one of the strangest things I ever saw her do. She freaked. The French scared the heck out of her. She was afraid of him for a day or two. He never spoke French to her again.
She was terrified.
Wayne,

Oh, I had to add this. He came to the US when the Concorde did. The big supersonic French jet. His father was a big shot in Air France. He took me to meet his parents once and before we got there he said, "Don't ever bring up the war", I said what war? "World War II" "And if he does just shake your head and agree with him" I said sure. It seemed to be a touchy subject. His parents went back to France and he became an American Citizen.

Last edited by redguitars; 08/03/11 02:37 PM.