Bob - I'm not claiming any innocence on Gibson's part - I don't think there's enough evidence to show why they have been raided multiple times now, without being charged with a crime.

I just think it's interesting that they have been singled out and that it seems like there never will be a day in court, since there's still something hanging on from the 2009 raid. Shouldn't that have been taken care of by now if it's all so cut and dried (wood that is)?

It seems patently undemocratic to me. The company is being held hostage without written cause or charges and their business will go up in smoke if it continues.

I will never have any thoughts now of putting any of my geetars up for sale on E-Bay, because they all have either rosewood or ebony parts, and those for darned sure didn't come from NA and there's no way for me to prove the wood's true provenance or true location of planing to under 6mm thickness.

It's this part that is the absolutely irritaing thing:

"India prohibits the export of products classified under HS Code 4407 for all plant species harvested in India, without exception.

Exceeding 6mm. Without exception."

How the heck did it get out of India then? Why should we be paying to enforce Indian law?

I'm sorry, but I think we've got plenty of other more pressing needs in this country than to enforce the minutiae of other countries' laws. That's my simpleton-not-a-lawyer-nor-do-I-play-one-on-TV view of this thing.

I'd rather see those employees of the Federal Government, of which we pay 100 percent of their salaries, employed in more productive manner than this.

This is regulation run amok, and though I don't have a very sensitive conspiracy meter in my DNA, it's pegged right now. I don't like it cause I'm paying for it and there's WAY bigger matters going unchecked that affect the world than this that I'd much rather be paying for.