I love Band-in-a-Box, but find some of the limitations with jazz chords in the software to be really frustrating.

When I am using the ear trainer, I would like to learn to identify chords such as:
- Augmented triad
- Major 7 #5
- Suspended b9
- Dominant #9
- Major 7 #11
- Dominant 7 #5
- Dominant 7 #11

It would also be useful to be able to select which chords one wants to be tested on rather than just choosing between common extensions and all extensions. And the process of ear training would be more efficient if it didn't repeat the same chord several times in a row!

Also, not hearing the next question immediately after answering would be good... If I get a question right, I would like to be able to listen to the question again to reinforce the sound of that chord, and if I get the question wrong, it would be extremely beneficial to hear what the wrong answer sounds like to compare it to the sound of the correct answer.

When I am entering chords into the main window to create a backing track, I would like Band-in-a-Box to recognise chords with multiple extensions, such as D7b9#5. Currently I can't have both the b9 AND the #5, I have to choose one or the other to be able to input the chords.

I notice that in both the ear trainer and the entering of chords for backing tracks, Band-in-a-Box does not distinguish between a diminished triad and a diminished 7th chord, which I don't think is very good.

If these restrictions could be removed I would be very very happy and will immediately get the update!

I use the ear trainer and...
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/27/11 02:52 AM
I enter jazz chords into the main window and...
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/27/11 02:52 AM