Hi Guys,I think multitrack realdrums would take it to the next level,here's the thing, very rare i use a full track of realracks, the reason is simple,if i cut copy and paste the regions i want into my daw i can fool everybody i have asked into thinking these are real musicians playing on the track (i know they are,but you get what i mean right, not generated) if i let the real tracks "play through" i as well as others detect something not quite right (timing issues, obscure chords generated etc)this was brought up by myself about a year ago regarding bass timing and poo-pood by some(look for this yourself if you have a decent daw that lets you scroll right in, look at where the kick/snare sits to the grid look at where the bass notes etc are on the grid, you will see they are not quite there... now audio quantise these to about 70-90% using your weapon of choice ie....cubase,studio one,sonar ect and see/listen to the difference) i always quantise the bass,drums and some instruments to about 70-90% for tightness but retaining realism,we have realdrums/tracks that are tight and groove and get results that fool all my friends and musicians. i know that multitrack drums would compliment this for me and i cant see it being a major expense as the drums would have had been multitracked at the recording process (as long as pg still have the files) this i would say would be a great addition and a feature that i would love to see in the prog. just think..make the song and there we have it a full set of multitracked drums in seconds, just waiting for some dynamics and eq, add dry realtracks use your favourite vst effects,edit them,quantise the tracks just enough, add some live guit,keys and vox ....bingo there we are at the next level... hey! good rant also...thanks Ade.
btw indie folk rock pop genre...

Last edited by pikeyh; 01/06/12 06:30 AM.

INTEL I7 16GIG RAM WINDOWS-7 MIDAS VENICE F24 PRESONUS STUDIOLIVE 16 UAD 2 DYNAUDIO BM5A BEYER/880 PRO TC HELICON VOICEWORKS PLUS
BAND IN A BOX/REAL BAND PRESONUS STUDIO 1 V2.65 SOFTWARE,SOFTWARE,SOFTWARE..