Jazzman

let me clarify what i mean when i said some of these midi's sound Bad....don't get me wrong...i know midi's can be outstanding sounding...i've even done full gig's with just midi's..

but what's happening with some of these...and i don't know why is....some sounds seem to be off....for instance....on the drums where i think it should be a Ride cymbal playing on drums.....i have a cow-bell
very annoying to hear through out the song..

others come out sounding like they were created in very low unnatural sounding key's

some sound like...the Bass is going in one direction....the drums in another totally backwards sounding..

so the only thing i could think of is this...i'm playing these midi's through a yamaha mm6...the midi's i'm playing...i know where built on a korg 01w....these midi's have also been copied a few times and passed down thats how i got mine...so that might be a problem...i don't know...

but i was thinking the midi numbers could be different....whats a Ride cymbal midi number for the korg 01w
could be cowbell for my yamaha mm6....its the only thing i could think of....because i'm in my infant state of trying to learn some of this stuff...its really a miracle i knew that a midi instrument is grabbed by this embedded number inside the song as its played on your keyboard..

Ran