Quote:

... Fertile grounds here. Artist examples include:

- Peter Gabriel (Us, Up) does some really interesting ambient stuff as intros and interludes that could be developed into complete styles. (This is more R&B, but "Sledgehammer" and "Steam" Styles would be great!)
- Mike Oldfield (Ommadawn, Hergest Ridge, Tubular Bells 1, 2, and 3, Tres Lunas, The Songs of Distant Earth) has some tracks going that would translate well into MIDI. (I am NOT asking you to attempt his guitar work, unless you want to try it as Real Tracks.)
- Jean Michel Jarre (Oxygene [plus sequels], Equinoxe, Les Chants Magnetiques, Zoolook, etc.)
- Vangelis (Blade Runner)
- Tangerine Dream (all, but especially their Hollywood period)
- Klaus Schulze (take your pick--he has a 50-CD set out. I'll have to do some more research to narrow it down.)
- Kraftwerk (Autobahn)
- Mannheim Steamroller (all)
- Yello (Get On)
- Air (La Femme D'Argent)
- William Orbit
- Robert Miles
- Kitaro

+ 1 gazillion on ALL of these, but particularly the Gabriel, Oldfield, Mannheim Steamroller, and Vangelis. All of those could go into the Soundtrack button as well. (Anything new being done with that lately?

I've tried a little rock/ambient work, combining BIAB with sounds from Alchemy Player and HG Fortune's symths. It'd be way cool to have a sound bed like one of the above artists to settle it on.

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro