Thank you for providing the opportunity to indicate the midi-related improvements that we would find most useful.

First of all, I would echo many of Bob Norton's requests but six of them in particular are important to me. They are #4, #7, #8, #12, #14, #15. Taken together they would provide a significant increase in usefulness.

In as much as future style development will be RealTrack styles and since styles with RealCharts (with the capability of saving the midi notes) essentially have an invisible underlying midi style - the capability of pulling the midi style out from the RealTracks style would be very useful (and could decrease the feeling of abandonment among some midi users - they would still be getting new midi styles to play with).

--- And now for something dear to my heart. The use of BiaB as a melody composition tool.

Ideally, in the melodist, I would like to be both able to specify my own patterns (for ex. ABBACA) instead of being stuck with the AABA pattern AND to have support for creating my own Melodist Databases with my own phrases to construct Melodists around.

Failing this, I would like to be able to remap my musical phrases across different chord patterns. It would be adequate if I had two buttons where I could map the melody track to C7 chord over a range of bars with one button AND with the other button treat the melody over a range of bars as mapped to a C7 chord and remap to the chords currently in those bars.

BiaB is annoying close to having this capability already. Currently I am embedding my musical phrases into a succession of dummy styles and substyles to get the remapping and believe me the process is a real pain in the ass.