Quote:

This problem happens with some songs, not others. I can't figure out why. When I copy a chorus section with melody and lyrics in an unfolded song to a later part of the song and insert bars at destination, I get a window with the question: "There are existing melody notes/lyrics in the region that you are copying the melody to. Would you like to delete them?" Whether I answer yes, the "Copy From ...To" copies the melody to the new bars, but leaves the chords and lyrics blank. Also, why would it ask me if I want to delete existing melody notes and lyrics where I'm copying to when I select the option to paste to newly inserted bars?
To make it really complicated, if you answer the question-- "No, don't delete the melody notes or lyrics" then it doubles the words in the from location so you end up with a jumbled up mess for lyrics, but no lyrics in the to location.
If this doesn't happen to you, keep trying other songs. You will stumble on this if you write a lot of lyrics with Band in a Box. I called support about this a couple of versions ago and sent them my song example--- I got no resolution to this.
Please fix this. It will take some time to isolate the problem. I certainly can't figure out what's going on.

--- Jim

O.K., I found the problem-- I hope this saves someone some time. I was using the old method of copying a song section to another section of the song. (Select bars, then Edit/Copy From.. To..) With some songs, this caused the problem outlined in the above quote. Now, after reading page 114 of the BIAB 2012 User Manual, I use the new method for more consistent results. (<cntrl> drag a bar number to a later bar number) In the dialog that appears, click "Insert Bars at destination" and press OK. Again, two windows come up saying there are existing melody notes and lyrics in the destination point, and asks should I delete them. Answer YES to both questions. Now my song section copies with melody notes and lyrics intact the way I want them. The problem of existing melody notes and lyrics still comes up in some songs, but this method works every time.

Band in a Box 2024 build 1109, Studio One 6.52, AMD 3900X, 32gb ram, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit, Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820, Yamaha CP33, TriplePlay midi controller

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkzi0yL2slMhPVCxc9E9usA