There are ongoing discussions on the Yahoo BIAB forum that speak to some issues of the new and improved BIAB, midi wise. I am a old school user of the program, from the Atari platform. Over the years I've upgraded to windows 2009.5, which was the last version I found useful. Unfortunately, the improvements to the basic core (midi wise) have not inspired me to upgrade any further. I basically use BIAB for the scratch pad (notation) and basic midi functionality. If you were to follow some of the suggestions here and on the Yahoo group, you would see there is a genuine interest in a bare bones version of BIAB, especially for those that are just starting out using computer generated or assisted software and those that don’t require all the bells, gongs and whistle audio stuff. For your loyal user base, why not just embellish the basic midi features that the *initial* program was built on, before all the audio enhancements? Less icons or clutter on the menus to do simpler things. Basically, taking what you got, midi wise and upgrading it as you’ve tried to do in the 2012 newer version, but more.

For instance, the style windows could be laid out better. Columns could be wider without having to adjust your display to make everything smaller or more visual. I detest using zoom out to get everything displayed, causing the fonts and options to be smaller. Some of us older users have eye issues now in life...Another thing could be the inability to input more than 4 chords to a measure (better resolutions). Add more chordal options, especially for jazz. As far as the 2000+ BIAB styles, Bob Norton’s products and others that can also be purchased, how about better gui in the grids for making the creation or modifications of styles less complicated or simpler? I know you offer Finale, but what about enhancing the notation aspects of BIAB? Better editing capabilities, in terms of the ability to drag and drop notes and rests a lot smoother. Making ties, articulations, symbols, etc. easier to add and manipulate, much like a scaled down version of Finale, and similar to what BIAB already does, but better.

It was also mentioned about rewrites being more trouble than its worth, but what about all the features for midi that were put on the back burner, to make room for all the audio stuff? For some of us, using dedicated audio software for embellishing sounds is available with some of your other products, and found elsewhere by using either DAWs or other equipment and software.

IMO, BIAB is becoming more top heavy trying to stay relevant, lucrative or competitive with similar products that cater to audio. There a lot of us loyal users that would love to see just *basic* midi improvements to the program that made pgmusic's BIAB and some of your other products as popular as they have become. In short and as a metaphor, do all of us really need Monster truck wheels (audio) on a ten speed (midi) bike?

FWIW, and still loyal,
Wrk-in-it