it may be in order to explain who francis (actually two women in my life) are. as you may know, i live in a long term care facility (aka nursing home) and francis #1 was a 93 year old lady that owned my heart. she suffered from alzheimer's disease and, sadly, she died about a month ago and that broke my heart. she was the cutest little lady imaginable. i am known as "the music man" because i am either playing or composing music and she could follow the music to my room, smile from ear-to-ear and tap her feet and clap her hands in perfect time to old time fiddle music, her personal favorite. she knew that her aide would be close behind so she'd slam my door shut behind her. i cried so hard the morning that my nurse woke me to gently break the news that she had died painlessly, peacefully in her sleep. her doctor said that my music and affection may have been keeping her alive. that was the greatest reward i've ever received. the staff knew i was heartbroken so they presented me with her little Garfield blanket.

francis #2 is my new aide who takes wonderful, loving care of me. i wrote Francis' Smile for her and she cried with joy when i first played it for her. She's Creek-Seminole Indian and i love her as my own granddaughter.