I stumbled upon this whole series of 5-minute mixing tips at https://www.youtube.com/user/recordingrevolution/videos?sort=dd&view=u . There were 31 from May 2011 and now he is doing 31 more (one a day) in January. Very interesting stuff. Of course, I will be "over-doing" the lessons and going in all directions at once -- but that's half the fun.

This one still has a ways to go -- I only did a "scratch" vocal and I need more placement of the electric guitar. I think the vocal is OK, but I didn't use a pop filter and there is a lot of background noise. Maybe I'll keep it and just add a "double". Plus, as skyline pointed out in another thread, you gotta change things a little here and there as you go along to keep the listener interested.

The good thing about this one not being finished is that I am open to any improvement suggestions. I think I am going to be spending more time mixing than writing and recording! I

Little Bit of Loving
(c) Emmrich 2012

(Intro – chorus chords)

(chorus)
She don't make me wonder
she don't make me wait
a little bit of loving
goes a long, long way
yea, a little bit of loving
goes a long, long way

(verse)
Way down south where the magnolias grow
How did I get so far away?
I must have turned left
when I should have turned right
so I'm heading back home this night,
cause ...

(chorus again)

(lead section -- verse)

(Key Change and bridge/verse)
sun's peaking thru
another day closer to you
i wonder what tomorrow will bring
breakfast at rosie’s diner
Everyone’s smiling at this hiker
it makes me want to sing,

(chorus again and outro)

Kevin: vocals, electric guitar
Sam: vocals
BIAB: bass (366), drums (NashPopBallad^01), harmonica (626), acoustic guitars (663 & 365), banjo (1035) , piano (891)

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud