I have an Audigy II ZS Platinum and I think there's a bit of a problem with the 'What you Hear' output. It affects other recording programs as well as PT which have the choice of various inputs - including 'what you hear'and I get a distorted sound with almost a dalek type efffect. However, I want to use ASIO drivers in PT so when I select them, I can easily choose from the list of ports offered the front panel mic input for adding vocals etc. However, sometimes in the past for ease I have played all the midi tracks and recorded them on one audio track using 'what you hear' and MME drivers. However, if I want to stick to ASIO drivers I can't seem to get any sound recording from any of the ports and I can't spot which of the ports offered is the equivalent of 'what you hear'. Does anyone use Creative ASIO drivers and can tell me what the right port is for recording what I hear from the midi tracks onto one audio track?

I have the Edirol HYper canvas and can find an easy way to export a WAV file of the whole recording and save it somewhere else, but no way to merge them all to another track on PT.

advice would be appreciated!