As some of you are aware, (since you helped diagnose the problem), my motherboard and/or CPU fried on my old system a month or 2 ago. I've been using an old Dell shell with Ubuntu 11.10 to get by since then. I really couldn't afford a new system but I've been bummed not having BIAB and no video games!

I usually build my own systems, but I didn't have any current parts for a "base system" and it wasn't cost effective to start from scratch. So here's what I got:

Quote:

iBUYPOWER HS11

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

8 GB [4 GB X 2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair XMS3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - Single Video Card - Zotac

Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Motherboard

Thermaltake 850 Watt W0319RU Power Supply

1 TB Hard Drive -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive (24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

NZXT Tempest 410 Gaming Case - Black

iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ([6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + Bluetooth & Wireless N Modules)

3 Year Standard Warranty Service

It was a "configure your own" system so I made sure to get a MOBO with 2 extra PCI and 2 extra PCI Express slots for expansion. I'll probably add my old Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS to it and put my old 500 GB hard drive in so I can add XP 32 as a dual boot system, (I have music hardware and software that won't run on a 64 bit system).

I'll have to say that this is easily the quietest system I've ever been around. I guess the Liquid CPU Cooling system is worth considering for any recording musician, not just gamers.

I'd like to say thanks again to everyone who helped with the old PC. There's a bunch of good folks on this forum.