Richard,

When I bought the computer, each component was broken down with a list of 10 or more options on each one. The Gigabyte MOBO was the default option, but I went to their homepage and checked the specs, primarily for expansion capabilities and saw that it was more than adequate for my needs. I then checked reviews and they were very good. I’ve used Gigabyte MOBO’s before and was well pleased with them so it made the decision easy.

I’m not sure I can add anything to the specs, but if you have any specific questions I’ll be glad to try. If I can’t answer them, maybe someone else here can. If it pertains to SSD’s, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to help since I’ve never used them.

Expansion and reliability were my primary considerations for the MOBO. I also like the user friendly bios. I’m computer literate, but I’m definitely not a full fledged “nerd”, (aka super tech savy). LOL.

I haven’t installed the Audigy card yet, but I don’t foresee any problems. I’ve used it on 3 different MOBO’s and 4 different operating systems. Win 98, XP 32, Win 7 64 and Ubuntu. I’ve never had a hiccup with it. Once I get around to installing it, I’ll try to remember to let you know, but I don’t think you’ll have any problems with yours. I’ve been too busy playing Mass Effect 3 and saving the galaxy to bother with installing it, but I will get around to it eventually.

That game is extremely demanding on the computer hardware, but mine barely purrs when playing it with all of the options turned on high.

Good luck on building your new computer. It’s fun having one that’s capable of handling most anything you can throw at it.