I feel your pain because along with the printer I had to dump a Roland MPU64 MIDI hub as the Vista 64 drivers did not work on it in Win 7.

Did you try to install the drivers via “device update” with the unit disconnected from the computer? That may work. If it does you can daisy chain the two synths together via MIDI but you will lose the software editor on the synth that has no driver, the second one in the chain.

You should be able to connect both units using a midi interface like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDISport2AE/

I have a number of old synths, a midi controller, a guitar controller etc connected this way. But because it is MIDI I lost the software editors that were contained in the original drivers. They work perfectly but I can’t save presets like I use to in XP. Not a big problem for me. Before anyone asks yes I checked all over the internet for drivers and there were none.

A couple of words of caution on these interfaces, if they are USB driven like the one above make sure that either you have a free USB port on the computer to use them with or a powered USB hub. Also note that not all powered USB hubs are the same and some do not have enough power for a unit like the interface. Also be sure they come with Win 7 drivers!

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware