Quote:

Quote:

But can I mute them programatically without taking my hands off my instrument?

I don't understand the question.

You're not doing this on the fly.

I think that's exactly what the OP wants to do.

And, believe it or not, there may be a way to do it. OP, take a look at the Conductor Window. At first glance, it appears to contain only transport functionality. But when you click on "show midi notes..." you'll find that there is functionality for muting/unmuting instruments from a midi (keyboard) controller. For example, (when the Conductor's midi control is switched on), (note) F5 should mute all instruments and G#5 should then unmute the drums.

I haven't tried it, so I don't know whether the trigger keys will simultaneously transmit normal note on functionality. Usually for this sort of thing, they don't, and it's not clear how to remap. But if you look at the way bottom of the list, you'll see that the conductor *itself* can be switched on/off via midi, so that would be one way to deal with the issue.

That seems as close as you can come from within the program. There are macros used in selected places in BB - in styles, I think - but AFAIK, there's no macro facility for grouping a packet of main interface commands and triggering the packet with a single key. Perhaps your midi controller has that functionality.

As Mac suggests, there may be other external possibilities....

Good luck, -Ron