Since I updated to 2012, I now have a product that does not work for me and in the last few weeks has cost me a lot of wasted time trying to fix.
First, I now have a problem using ASIO that even PG themselves have failed to come up with a fix for and have apparently now abandoned me. I can no longer use PT (as I have for years) with ASIO and have to do all ASIO tracking and mixing in Cubase, which is not my favourite program but it works faultlessly, as PT used to.
Resigned to that, because rendering MIDI to audio in PT is fairly straightforward (my lite version of Cubase doesn't do it), I started using PT just for that process before importing the audio into Cubase for mixing, but now it won't even do that as the CoyoteWT DXi default synth has ceased playing back - it records and I can see the MIDI notes in the track and see the VU meters activating in playback but no sound and it won't render to audio.
I'm bitterly disappointed that the program I really liked and used with no problem for years (on exactly the same computer set-up as now) is apparently now just a bag of useless junk.