Quote:

I having problems syncing the exported files when I try to edit a section to copy to another part of the song since the imported wav files are not lined up to the measure indicator in the daw. This make it difficult to maintain syncing the part to another section with the same chord structure. I recorded a harp part that has a delay coming in on one part of the song (a fade in intro) and I want to move that harp part to a instrumental in the middle of the song which has the same chords.

I have a lot of different methods for slicing and dicing things that I've brought from BIAB into SONAR. Lets start with this one and see if it works. First make absolutely sure that your SONAR project is set to the same BPM as the BIAB song you are exporting your tracks from. I always allow at least 2 measures on the front end of a project to account for the BIAB count-in because the first beat of that measure is my paste point for everything that I import that was based on the BIAB song.

Now, If I were working with that harp track, I would creat an empty audio track to paste clips into and use the imported track as the source. Now lets looks at the fade in from the intro that you want to use elsewhere in the song. I'm going to split a clip out. The first cut is going to come on the first beat of the measure that that harp part fades in on. Now, I'm not sure, but I think what you are saying is that your harp is actully coming in ahead of beat number one in the song. Doesn't matter. If you set your project up the way I do, the first beat of the song is actually in the third measure of the project. And this means that your harp solo is starting somewhere within the second measure. Make your first split in the second measure at 2:01:000. Make sure you are exactly on :000. Make the second split somewhere after the solo ends. Copy the resulting clip. Now go to that new empty audio track we made, and get to the measure in the middle of the song where you want this solo to start. Make the paste in measure on the first beat of the measure at exactly 01:000. If after the paste it isn't exactly there just go into the property of the clip and modify the start point. That should get you lined up with the chords properly.

Making clips like this also allows you the flexibility of turning them into groove clips and acid loops.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti