Quote:

Hi JohnJohnJohn,

I think you are into this so much that you should just go for it. Forget the money. BIAB has value. There is no doubt. My friend uses BIAB, RB and also Abelton Live. He is 60 now. he does not worry about the cost because he is at the age where he could be dead tomorrow. He has the money and he just does not want to miss out on what is available. He criteria is "will I use it" not "will I use it perfectly or will it be perfect for me". There is a big difference. if you figure you will use 10% of BIAB the reality is once you know it you are likely to use 20% of it or more. You do not need to use 100% of it. The key is that he uses BIAB and RB then imports into Abelton Live and uses some of it too. Okay so maybe he has spent $1,000 on all of it. So make up the test plan and if it does 20% of that plan then buy it and find the programs that doe the other 10%. Sure take your time but make it a 20% usage rather than 100%. Importing into other programs that do the rest seems to be the key to this. As far as the 30 day trial goes, I now believe they they will return it if you do not like it. Once you believe this there is no difference except your money is tied up a little longer if you return it (so what). Calculate the interest on that. It is probably $5.00 difference at todays crazy low interest rates. Your education even if you do return it far exceeds that. Here is the bottom line. Your dwelling on it tells you very clearly that BIAB has a lot of value and the only thing holding you back is fear. Trust me, I know from trading "FEAR IS THE ENEMY" IGNORE FEAR AND GO FOR IT. Easier said that done but you really have nothing to loose the way I see it. I went for it and it worked out. My belief is your subconscious which keeps bringing you back to BIAB/RT is what is correct and your fear is what is wrong. Maybe I found it easy to see this because of my work "trading". It may not be as easy for you. I do not know. Whatever. It is all good. But I really do believe that 99% of the time the only thing we need to fear is fear itself. PG-Music could take years before they realize that having a free trial is good. That is their problem. I realized that then made the decision with that realization. If you have problems after buying it appears that there are a lot of great people here to help, It makes it easier.

Give this view point some thought. It may make the decision easier. If you have a test BIAB plan and it fails that is okay to. Just return it.

John

thanks John. you make some good points. for me the $500 vs $150 is also a bit of the criteria! :-)