You're right about the midi ports Paul.

I tried to save the song I referenced above, then opened another song without any ReDirect in it. Then went back to the referenced song and opened it. None of the redirect parts (piano and trumpet from the ReDirect) AND none of the VSTi assignments were making a sound.

When I hit the "SYNTH" VSTi button in BIAB all of the assignments for the ReDirector, as well as the VSTi's, are all there but there is no sound on those tracks. If I click on each one, momentarily change it to another port and then go back to the original port; all is well and they all sound as they did originally.

Was not expecting this as I pretty much have my system hardwired in that I never make any changes to USB's, cables, audio or midi interfaces or synth setups.

Do you think that this is the problem you mentioned with port volitility or do I have some other issue going on?

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3