Originally Posted By: Muzic Trax
Alberto,

<...snip...>

I have never reached near 255 bars for any song I have done within Biab. Maybe at a tempo of 300 it will go through them fast, but you can set the number of chorus' and playback as well.

Trax

I write fake disks for BiaB, based on popular off-the-shelf music books, and I've hit that 255 brick wall limit dozens of times.

I'd love to do a disk that corresponds to the Sher "Latin Real Book" but unfortunately too many songs in that book need more than 255 measures to do.

Also, some songs need more than 4 chords per measure, or a chord both on the beat and the upbeat before it. To solve this problem I invented EXPANDED styles. They turn two BiaB cells into one bar of music, thus allowing up to 8 chords per measure. The problem with that is that it cuts the 255 measure limit to 127.5 measures.

Personally, I'd love to see the 255 limit doubled.

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love BiaB, and it has steadily improved since I discovered it in the Atari/ST, IBM DOS5, Mac OS6 days. I hope to see more improvements in the basic structure in the future, and I would be delighted if expanding the 255 measure limit was one of them.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks