This is kind of my point, If i have to shut down the antiviurs and then download a driver bare on the net, no thanks! I have already had a virus wipe me out once.

If creative would make a driver that worked great, but so far they continue year after year to cause grief.

As far as windows 7, I for the life of me can't understand why someone would want to be a guinnea pig for microsoft, If this is just a curiousity fine but this is my main hobby, and a true passion. I still do not track in Vista, XP is rock stinkin' solid, I will upgrade to window 7 when it is likewise. I understand Gary cause he loves to experiment, and has th resources to do so, but be clear he still has other options available to get things done, not relying on Win7 entirely. When they call it a release canidate that is because it might be ready to release and this is the best so far, but it is not done yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If all one has is one laptop, why jump into the pond on every new idea, or driver set, or interface that comes rolling by, they all need maturity before true reliability is there. There is a reaosn that noone else has a PCI express card, what it is i do not know, but on almost every forum i go to there are tons of folks suffering with creative driver issues.

The reason i still track with an 8 year old M-Audio is that in those 8 years it has never crashed, not once. When a new driver is needed they work it out in time. there is something new coming out all the time, the forums are full of people trying to get their new3 toys to work with their systems. Grief by the tons, not for me.

I do not use beta drivers, i wait till they are release versions. Like Mac said, i go for what plays nice with my software.

Last edited by Robh; 06/30/09 05:15 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.