If I remember my AC theory (it's been years since I went to college), a transformer resists changes in voltage, both dips and surges will be held steady, as long as they are of short duration.

The info that came with the Power Conditioner says both transient dips and surges will be suppressed. According to Tripp Lite, "Extends the useful life of connected equipment by providing optimum voltage conditions for enhanced efficiency and cooler internal operating temperatures. Reliable transformer-based voltage correction circuits maintain 120V nominal output during voltage fluctuations between 89 and 147V."

I would love to bring a UPS, but the size (and weight) needed for the power amp and everything else is just too excessive.

But I do think the Power Conditioner is worth it's weight in gold.

My gear lasts a long time, when the AC or ice machine kicks in I don't get that short dimming of the lights, and unlike a UPS, I still get a sine wave AC - which I am sure the audio gear likes better.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks