Originally Posted By: tonnie
Sorry I have no videos of me playing live with BiaB, however I can tell you how I use it.

First I use BiaB, since each playback is somewhat different, which I as a jazz oriented player prefer.

Secondly I play guitar though a pedal board into a guitar amp, but also via a Roland GR-33 guitar synth into my stereo PA, a Fender Passport 150.

From my laptop I split the BiaB output via a Roland UM one into an UA-1 X (for Real Sounds) and Roland XV-5050 (For MIDI sound) and (MIDI) Output Chords to my TC-Helicon Voice Works (For “Close Harmony” singing “Four Freshmen”-style),

The Real and Midi sounds are mixed together with the aid of a small (4 channel mixer) and then go through a 3 way crossover filter. The output of the treble and middle tones are sent (in stereo) to the mixer part of the Passport, while the bass part is send to two Gallien-Krueger bass amps.

This way the bass, bass drum and the lower end of the piano do not “burden” the small Passport speakers and can be fully controlled separately.

The outputs from the TC-Helicon Voice Works go in stereo via an Antares AVP-1 and into the Passport mixer.

So this way I can play guitar (and/or any instrument sound available from GR-33) and/or sing in full stereo to my own arrangements.

NB. There is a small limitation when using the “Output Chords” function with the Voice Works, as it only “understands” 4-note chords (Gmaj7b5 is OK, but G9 is not OK).

I avoid this by writing my arrangement with full chords, then freezing the Piano, String, Guitar tracks etc., then simplifying the chords to four note chords, and voila no more misinterpretations by the Voice Works.

Also the use of passing chords makes the others voices in Voice Works work (sing) more professionally.

Hope this helps.
Tonnie

Way to keep it simple, dude. grin