While going through some old hard drives, I found some songs I did in BIAB from several years ago, so I thought I would post them along with explanations of what you're hearing. The first 3 songs go back 10 or more years:

"Made For Lovin' You"
This song was done before BIAB had a soloist function. Rodney did all the lead guitar stuff and sang harmony. What makes it kinda interesting to me is holding all the instruments, except drum fills, at points during the song for emphasis.

"If I'm In, She's Out"
This was right after the Soloist function was introduced and I used an Acoustic Steel String Guitar setting for the intro, the solo, and the ending. Deana's harmonies during the choruses were generated by the Digitech Harmonizer.

"Lifetime Warranty"
Like Rodney's song, I used a real guitar for the intro, the solo, and all the fills, and brought in Kathy Kersey to add all the backup vocals for Angie's main vocal. Again, I used drum stops to make it more real sounding.

"(You're Keepin' Me) At A Distance"
This one is the latest BIAB arrangement, using all Real Instruments and Styles, except I use an actual fiddle player, and Bob played mandolin, as well as singing the lead vocal. Switching to the "B' style kicks the choruses into overdrive, and putting stops in (except for the steel part) makes it a little more "real" sounding. Again, I brought in Kathy Kersey to add all the backup vocals.

These songs may help give you some ideas for adding some flavors to your own BIAB songs. Anyway, I found them and thought they might be of interest to some of you.