I was reading this thread about gigging with BIAB live (or with recordings created by BIAB) and found it very interesting. I want to thank everyone for contributing. It has helped inspire me to keep at this project. I am planning on doing this for jazz standards initially advertising jazz jams but if that does not work out just playing myself with BIAB being used for the backing tracks. It is an experiment and we will see if it can help a struggling restaurant make a bit more money on a slow night :-) Here are two small things I can contribute

1/ I just tested the space bar on the computer and it pauses the BIAB song so stopping BIAB fast is not a problem.

2/ for finding a song quickly if it is requested by someone, in windows 7 you can do this.
Press: Alt+F
Press: o (at this point the directory where your BIAB files are should be showing)
Press: the first few characters of your song name and it shows in the list.
Press: the down arrow key to get to the song
Press: enter to pull the song up in band in a box.
Press: space bar to start the song.
I timed this and I would say 5 to 10 seconds is the longest it should take to start the song if you are only using the computer for running BIAB and it is always highlighted.

Last edited by bowlesj; 12/21/15 12:17 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles