I remember about 30 or more years ago when a friend of mine hopped into my truck and pulled out a cassette tape and said "you've got to check this guy out!"

I've been a Guy Clark fan ever since.

Sarah Jaroz posted a nice tribute to him on Facebook;

Quote:
I heard the news that Guy Clark passed away early this morning and immediately put on Boats To Build. I shed some tears, as I'm sure many people have, thinking about Guy and his timeless songs and the memories that came flooding back of different times in my life when his songs have meant so much. His music was so integral in the Texas Hill Country landscape in which I grew up - sitting on the back porch listening to Homegrown Tomatoes or Baton Rouge or Dublin Blues. It's almost like his music was embedded in the land. The songs, with their depth, soul, and simplicity were an important part of life for so many. As a young songwriter, I continue to find great inspiration from his music - a never ending journey and discovery of masterful songwriting. He touched countless lives with the gift of song, and the world is a much better place having had him in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W7xnYQGlg4