This is my final entry in the Xtra Styles competition in the Country category.

Southern Comfort

I wasn’t going to enter in this category as Country’s not really my genre but then I thought “nothing ventured nothing gained”. Also BIAB makes it fairly easy to try out genres that you may not be so familiar with.

I used the _SALOON style which was very inspiring including both Resonator and Pedal Steel guitar tracks. However, I found it too busy so alternated between the Resonator and Steel guitars for the verse and chorus.

Also, the song has quite a few “pushes” which I found created unnatural sounding Pedal steel and resonator chord transitions so I created a parallel version of the song with no pushes and used the Resonator and Pedal steel tracks from this version.

For the solo guitar I decided to have the day off and found a very tasty RT (413:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Train Pickin'). I generated two versions of the solo and cherry picked the bits I liked the most from each one to create the final solo. I also added edgy (L) and clean (R) amp models and chorus to the solo track and finally added my vocals.

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Southern Comfort (Xtra Styles Comp)
File:Southern Comfort (Xtra Styles Comp).SGU
Key=E , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=2:21
Style is _SALOON.STY (Saloon Funky Resonator Country)

RealTracks in style: 1416:Bass, Electric, PopSw16Sync Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 2627:Guitar, Resonator, RhythmPlus BluesFunkyRandy Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 1421:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopCrossover Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: 876:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockFuzzyQuarters Sw16 075
RealTracks in style: ~~363:Pedal Steel, Background Ev 085
RealDrums in style: NashCrossovrSw16^10-a:Snare, Closed Hat Push Beat 2 , b:Snare, Open Hat Boogaloo

RealTrack added: 413:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Train Pickin' Ev 130

Lyrics:
Well I’m driving this highway,
Through haunted dusty towns,
Heading for Nashville,
Near the Mason-Dixon line

The Grand Ole Opry
Looks mighty fine to me
But I won’t be stopping
Got somewhere else to be

Every place I see it just reminds me
Of every moment that I spend with you
With every mile I’m getting even closer
Southern Comfort pay your due

Now I’m headin for Memphis
Seeing sights that make me think
Of times gone by
Nearly drove me to drink

Now things are lookin better
Got you on my mind
Be there before you know it
Feeling mighty fine

Every place I see it just reminds me
Of every moment that I spend with you
With every mile I’m getting even closer
Southern Comfort pay your due

Enjoy!
Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.