Quote:

Manning,
Yes to all of your questions.
No difference in settings that I can tell although RB & Audition output buffer is the same Audition has an additional setting for the amount of buffers. RB doesn't have this. It must be preset.
Audition also has a wave cache that is configurable. There is a check box to use system cache that is unchecked. I assume RB uses system cache. At the moment the Audition cache is at 16384K bytes.
Watching task Manager as I removed tracks from the project the memory usage would drop. When I load tracks in RB the memory usage stays the same.
So Audition is loading the tracks into memory? & RB is streaming from the disc?

Manning,
No offense at all.
I thought I answered your questions. I'm not a beginner with computers. I've been using DAWs for over 10 years. Don't be offended either. When I say their the same their the same. All 3 cards as in RB, same sample/bit rate, WDM .
Why does saving the song fix the issue for the session? This is the answer. What's going on when you save?

Noel,
Yes the bar moves across the screen in a jumpy fashion. Saving the song first stops the problem for that seession/song.

Lawrie,
When I got the notebook the drive was bad. I replaced it with this:
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=312

And replaced the memory with 2 1G sticks.

I do believe it's an oddity between the code in RB and the Vid drivers in my lappy that saving resets?

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php