Originally Posted By: SFG
Have fun guys enjoy smile .., as for me disappointment reins supreme with this 2017 offering frown

..., as I was only hoping to finally see a 64 bit platform introduced , and also an introduction to 24 bit sound samples instead of their antiquated 16 bits on offer.

I can't find a use for this product within the studio 'as is' .., therefore I'm outta here PG , until you can seriously lift your game and get with the times ..., see you in 2018 (maybe)

SFG,

I understand your disappointment and agree everyone should make the choice that works best for them.

I made a wishlist request for 24 bit audio a few months back and the request received some discussion but little support. You can read the discussion and add your support to my request ++ HERE ++. I strongly believe upgrading the source material (RealTracks, loops, etc.) will be extremely beneficial to users that use PG Music products to produce commercial products. I also believe everyone else will benefit by gaining about 6 dbFS of additional headroom in our mixes.

The request to upgrade the software applications to add native support to 64 bits has been ongoing for years but nobody has presented reasons that make a compelling case that the upgrade MUST happen now. Perhaps you know a reason why the 64 bit upgrade must happen immediately; ++ HERE ++ is a link to that 64 bit conversation. Peter Gannon indicated the upgrade to 64 bit software applications will happen sometime in the future and I have no reason not to believe him.

Now consider the improvements that you will be missing out on by not upgrading to 2017; the list is available ++ HERE ++ . The majority of these improvements answer user requests; jcspro40 requested Hawaiian RealTracks, I requested a Even/Swing identifier in the control bar, both Radiopoet, mal12345 and I requested a fix for 3/4 time UserTracks and how UserTracks handles special chords like shots or holds. There are many improvements that will just help the programs to work better.

I understand your disappointment. As I indicated I've stated my wish for upgrades that haven't happened yet. However, I plan to continue to use the programs so I am excited about the changes that will make my use of the programs easier.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home