That's interesting but this is a music forum. There's an article around written by a Cakewalk software engineer comparing the performance of Win 10 vs 7 using Sonar. He measured audio rendering times, number of tracks and plugins without glitching and other parameters. Win 10 was faster and more stable.

Plus many folks are concerned about security. Again 10 is much more secure than older OS's. You can patch 7 all you want, it doesn't have the level of security that's built into 10.

Unless there's a ton of negative press about a new OS, when you want to upgrade just go to the latest and greatest and don't worry about it.

There's always a few who have problems. Reading about that on forums doesn't help much because who knows what the true details of whatever problems are. I'm not some expert either but I've managed to upgrade my stuff myself for over 20 years now with zero real issues.

There are always little things like when I did the free upgrade to Win 10 last year. I had Avast on the system and even though I disabled it the upgrade kept failing. I finally read somewhere that Avast needs to be completely uninstalled. I did that and voila! Whose fault was that? Microsoft's? Don't think so. Everybody knows AV software can cause issues sometimes which was why I disabled it in the first place but I didn't go far enough.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.