Faster bootup times ... post your results! ... may the fastest PC win!

[*]Improved: Much faster bootups. 2-3x faster! (note: fast bootups will start after you've booted up about 3 times and will stay fast). You can see your bootup time by [main menu]-Help-Utilities-Display Log File. Then look for two line like this:
- Bootup was optimal, set to fast [2017.461.0, 3/6/2017 4:26:41 PM]
- Bootup time in millseconds =1,772 [2017.461.0, 3/6/2017 4:26:41 PM]

The first one, saying "optimal" lets you know that it is using the fast bootup method. The second one, shows bootup time which was 1.7 seconds for me! That's a record for me, and this is a fast machine (geekbench 4 score of 4,300 single core, SSD Drive, i5-6200 @2.3 GHz).

Anyway, I wouldn't expect 1.7 seconds from everyone, but you should expect bootups in 1/2 the time or less (compared to your usual bootup times).
If they are still slow, please select prefs-"Write a detailed log". And then reboot BiaB and you will see a file called BootupLog.txt being created. You can then send that to us in a message, and we paste it into Excel and see how long various routines are taking.

Note that non-English versions may take longer - we are working on that.

Please post your results in the following format:

1. Bootup time (from a bootup that says optimal as above). Remember, don't count the first bootup after a PC reboot, since your system is overrun with startup items like DropBox, Google Helper etc. etc. Wait until things have settled down.

2. PC info: Windows version, Geekbench 4 score if available, # cores, CPU speed. HD or SSD drive.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.