Clicketyclick: Sold to the Devil (PS posted a newly mastered version July 27th)

Xtra Styles 3 contest or not; when i heard the _REYNOSA.STY immediately some lyrics i penned years ago popped up, all about a feller i met. Nice guy BTW, playing keyboard in nightclubs and, for a not to be named here, rich preacher owned local reli-organization holding mass sessions in an old Cinema building.

Reworked the lyrics to a 3/4 beat, and i experimented a bit with a borrowed Voicelive Rack, this inspired by Bob Buford, to create a church crowd type choir background here.

Sold to the Devil © Artspurg 2004-2017 SABAM

For ages and ages, he played his guitar
On smoky rough stages, and real evil bars
Not really that good, he didn't get far
Then he saw the Light, became a big star

He saw his Jesus, his Lord and his Light
No más sufrimiento; una vida so bright
He makes good money, he made a stand
Sold to the devil, in a Christian band

So well respected; the money and gold
Riding a Benz, owns a gold-top of old
Those chicas bonitas, so many around
He saw the Light, oh boy he was found

He saw his Jesus, his Lord and his Light
No more to endure, a life that shines bright
He makes good money, he made a stand

So come and join Jesus, walk in the Light
Start praying in public, smile and shine bright
All this good money, when you make a stand

The style source used _REYNOSA.STY makes it to be probably be filed in the Country dept, though it's more of a folksong IMO.

The BIAB realdrums did not workout alas, regarding the snare counts. This since the arrangement is not actually 3/4, but sometimes has 6/4, maybe even 9/4 measures included. The guitars are BIAB, the great accordion playing & atmosphere too, and bass is BIAB. The latter i had to steer by inserting chords with added bass notes, see picture below. And then added quite a bit of melodic juice. Hopefully it tears down some planned Trump-walls down south (Oops, could'nt resist, being a Bernie fan).

Quote:
BIAB STYLE INFO:
_REYNOSA.STY. Reynosa Tex Mex Mariachi Waltz
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=140 (120-165)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Vihuela, 12Str.Guit, NylonGuitar, Drums
RD: PopRockWaltzBrushesEv: a: Brushes b: PopRockWaltzBrushesEv :Wayne Killius (REPLACED HERE)
RT1106: Bass, Acoustic, BluegrassWaltz Ev 140 , Byron House
RT2822: Vihuela, Rhythm MariachiWaltz Ev 150 , Ramon Stagnaro
RT856: Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm RockWaltzStrumming Ev 140 , Pat McGrath
RT2821: Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm MariachiWaltz Ev 150 , Ramon Stagnaro
Memo: A Tex Mex waltz featuring two mariachi instruments: vihuela and nylon guitar. Acoustic bass, 12-string acoustic guitar, and drums are also used.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BIAB sold chords.png (40.24 KB, 82 downloads)