Interesting: So the moral is that GuitarPro 5 is the better version if you want to control external sound sources? I just been drooling around the GP tab imports for Ample guitar, and found it too much of a time consuming workaround; rather play my own guitar LOL .... F

FOLLOW UP:

Well as i got a little more curious & interested in the various Guitar Pro versions i done some comparing. Took a GP3 file, of a well made dire straits song with a lot of pitch bend guitar soloing. Loaded the same one in demo versions of GP5, GP6 and GP7. By far GP7 sounds the best, probably due it's improved RSE files. Also the timing seemed more correct especially; GP5 sucks there IMO.

Then i exported a midi file from each GP 5, 6, and 7 version and imported those in BIAB 2017.

Those from GP6 and GP7 sounded alike (with the Coyote VST), BUT INDEED indeed there were no pitch bends with the MIDI import from GP6. The one from GP7 export had, but seemingly by far not enough to sound as good as the file played within GP7 itself. WEIRD: the imported MIDI from GP5 had far more Pitch Bend data, but the timing sucked, also with the GP3 file played by GP5 itself.

CONCLUSION: The sounds and also pitch bends sounded much more convincing in Guitar Pro 7 itself. I guess either the export routine from GP7 destroys data or BIAB interprets them differently. For now i don't think i am going to buy Guitar Pro (7) LoL, especially as i am not a guitarist by trade. The pricing is very fair though at $75 with 200 RSE sound data files embedded. F