Not necessarily.

There is a huge difference between "songs" and compositions.

A lot of country and classic rock and ballads use predictable song forms, song structures, chords and instruments. That is why BIAB can pull it off--in say Bluegrass.

Many "modern" songs as people refer to them (with a wide berth for definitions on what that means) are COMPOSITIONS. Meaning, they are pieced together.

There is no way BIAB will ever be able to take the place of your brain on the composing front. If you want to compose, you HAVE TO piece things together. BIAB just gives you the sounds.

I think the two different worlds are getting mixed up here and that's the problem.

Not to be sarcastic, please trust me I'm not, but what you have essentially just said is "If BIAB can give me classic bluegrass songs, why can't it give me classic modern songs?"

The very definitions don't match. I think the songs you are referring to (if I am guessing correctly) are compositions, and for that, you will have to simply work really hard for a really long time at your mixing board.

BUT, you can at least get started by locating some sounds in about 20 minutes. That's what I mean. The rest could take days. It takes days for everyone else.

Peace.