Some forum members turned me onto a new licensing site called Songtradr. Have no idea if anything will ever happen with it, but it sure is great for inspiration!

And that is good enough for me.

So, while my wife was getting ready to go to book club last night, I checked out the "songs wanted" listing, went to the description of what they were looking for, said "Oh yeah, I got it. Good idea!" Went to Band in a Box, grabbed a style, went to song form dialog, wrote the lyrics and song in 10 minutes, recorded it in an hour including the time it took to export BIAB files to the DAW, did the vox, mixed, and mastered it and had it posted to the opportunity in one a half hours from the time I started reading the description.

I even had the chance to clean up the kitchen a little to get husband points before the wife got home.

"Hey honey! How was Book Club?"

"Great. Watcha been doing?"

"Oh, nothing, you know, the usual..."

smile

Even if it never gets picked I just thought it was cool so I could force myself to write to spec on the spot and have something that sounded pro as a finished product up in slightly more than an hour from the time I read the description. Without BIAB that would not be feasible.

Yes, this program continues to blow my mind on a daily basis. That and the Lurssen mastering plugin.

Oh, and WHILE and I was doing this I get an email from Floyd Jane asking me to check out the final version of a song we have been working on soon to be posted.

I listen and go..."D........Dang!" (That is not exactly what I said but I must remain polite.)

I love this world.

smile