Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Great post, Alan.

I compose Brazilian and Latin jazz but I often mix genres in individual parts to make grooves no one has heard before. BIAB makes it easy to experiment.

Hi Matt,

Good to hear your take on this. I've not heard any of your compositions ... would love to. Is there a link I can go to hear your music? Di and I are big fans of Latin Jazz, well, most of the Latin genres and subgenres; but Latin Jazz is our favorite.

We do a fair amount of Latin compositions, but mostly Bossa. We find almost all the music from Brazil to be fun and exciting. Thanks for chiming in.

Alan

PS: If you recall, a couple of months ago I posted about Maj6th chords and you replied with a suggestion to use a 6-9 chord. I answered I didn't think it would work. I found that it will work some of the time if i extend the scale. other times, it would work for rhythm backing but not for chord leads. I was going to do a video but just never got to it. Long story why I didn't, but I won't bore you with it. Anyway, thanks for that 6-9 suggestion - it's given new life to some of the songs where I was stymied.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops